The GDPR introduces a duty for you to appoint a data protection officer (DPO) if you are a public authority, or if you carry out certain types of processing activities. To support your on going GDPR compliance and management requirements, we can provide a Virtual Data Protection Officer (vDPO) service giving you access to independent expertise in data protection.
You will have access to our vDPO team who have professional experience and knowledge of data protection and will act as the DPO for your business during the term of the engagement.
The key responsibilities of the DPO are :
- To inform and advise organisations of their obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- To monitor compliance with the GDPR, support the management of internal data protection activities, advise on data protection impact assessments, train staff and conduct internal audits;
- To be the first point of contact for the ICO and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
The vDPO service provides a ‘critical friend’ to your business to provide support and guidance on GDPR and wider data protection including cyber security. You can call your vDPO for any GDPR related issue including management of data breaches and liaising with the ICO.
vDPO Service Definition
The Virtual DPO service includes the following:
- Access to a named DPO to provide advice and guidance on GDPR related issues;
- Access to a team of DPOs to provide support in the event of the primary DPO not being available;
- Option of monthly or quarterly GDPR audits conducted with client stakeholders to monitor compliance with GDPR and provide assurance to your board/senior management that your GDPR processes are effective;
- Telephone and email support Monday to Friday, 0830 to 1700 (excluding public holidays).
In addition, we will work with you to review data breach management and reporting processes to ensure they are fit for business purpose. Support will be provided to bring these procedures in line with GDPR requirements as part of the vDPO service.
We can also conduct GDPR Readiness Assessments and provide support for implementing the processes, procedures and documentation for GDPR compliance.
To discuss your requirements or find out how we can help you in your GDPR journey, email us at email@example.com or call us on 0121 222 5630.